Pages

Aslan was my direbadger form

At the end of this session, all three of us actually managed to join up again, yay!

Tannhauser dared Gorbash to travel through dragon territory and say hi to the dragon kings. Gorbash said (tl;dr) challenge accepted, because he was going to travel to Tolkeen with Jayson - once Jayson got back from the spa retreat that is Psyscape. Psyscape has a psychic hobo as a chief who liked blowing some kind of weird smoke bubbles at people, and who had a really nice rug.

Booker, meanwhile, was travelling by boat toward the same place. Some Mystic Knights tasked the legendary Booker with finding and killing Aureol the Avenger and get the ancient artefact "Mobius Band" for them. This is on par with getting your mitts on the Holy Grail, but he didn't know that at the time. He also said he would do what he could within his capability, and killing an ancient Great Horned dragon is not what he considers one of them. Gorbash certainly wasn't pleased to hear of it!

Also: maybe Gorbash is some sort of reincarnation of Jesus. Like Aslan.

Courtesy of Monday 22 January 2018's Rifts roleplaying session.


Booker: “Every trade caravan needs muscle. Not that I’m muscle, but I’m hireable.”

GM: “Is there anything you want to do while you’re here?”
Player 1: “Not die horribly?”
Player 2: “Yes. What HE said.”

“Two rights make a wrong? Too many rights make a wrong.”

“You’re not special. You’re not useful.”
“You’re a Millennial!”
“Oooh, shots fired!
“TRIGGERED! TRIGGERED! TRIGGERED!”

“I think psychic hobo is more accurate.”

Player: “He’s called The Dude and has a rug that really ties the room together.”
GM: “I’ve nothing against calling the leader of Psyscape The Dude.”

“He doesn’t swing both ways, he swings any way.”

GM (to Jason): “You’re REALLY hard to kill now, by the way. It’s Gorbash’s fault.”

GM: “Jason joins you.”
Jayson: “Hello.”
Gorbash: “How do you fancy going into a war zone?”
Jayson: “Uhm … Can I have a cup of coffee first?”

Gorbash: “Basically, don’t do anything Booker would do.”
Jayson: “Got it. Don’t be Booker.”

GM: “You remember him as kind of an asshole.”
Booker: “And that’s ME saying that!”

Player: “I don’t have Demolitions.”
GM: “That never stopped you before!”

Booker: “I AM the real guy. The man, the myth, the Chosen One!”

“He’s a smooooooth operatooor, unlike my voice.”

“Can you walk on water?”
“I probably can, actually.”
“Are you Aslan?”
“Aslan was my direbadger form.”

Booker: “Killing an ancient dragon is WAY out of my league.”
Hecate (seductive whisper): “It doesn’t HAVE to be …”

“Splugorth is allegedly afraid of me.”
“These rumours we started escalated quickly, didn’t they?”

GM: “I was thinking you guys would fight Aureol.”
Player: “What do you take us for?”

To be continued!