Pages

I spent all my dice on revolutions

This week's session was cancelled due to illness, so here's something we prepared earlier.

In Soviet Russia we decided what we were doing in the time between the end of the 1980s until 1994 or thereabouts. The communist state was overthrown. A hole was punched in the Berlin wall. Hulk Hogan became Hawk Hogan. A disillusioned propaganda/brainwashing machine went to England, a communist state, only to find herself in the midst of another revolution.

An assortment of TV show hosts (Lawrence "The Upholsterer", Alan "The Gardener", Dale "The Supermarket Sweeper" and a guy from Time Team "The Archivist") showed up to kick behinds. It was peculiar, although that's pretty common in M&M, to be fair ...

Let's get back to Mother Russia, because "at least it's home".

Problem is that suddenly this big planet or something had appeared through a tear in the sky, and there were now baddies flooding Moscow. Baddies with lots and lots of nukes and stuff.

(The Truth may have died, but she might also live on, having turned Evergreen into some kind of Horcrux. Or something.)

There was a battle. Supers fought bravely. Then the flashback ended ...

Courtesy of Saturday 13 May 2017's Mutants & Masterminds adventure at Odin's Table.


GM: “In 1991 Hillary Clinton’s elected president.”
Player 1: “But her emails ...!”
Player 2: “It’s 1991. She burns the letters and no one ever knows.”
Player 3: “And next year the FBI guy gets fired.”

“Who brings a gardening hose to a knife fight?”

“And the lesson here is: don’t GM drunk.”

“I spent all my dice on revolutions.”

“Hello old woman!”
“I know you tried to use your inside voice, but I think she heard you.”

Player: “Can I kill them with my brain?”
GM: “Yes, on your turn.”

GM: “You can say four words.”
Player 1: “What’s going on?”
Player 2: “You’ve only got one word left, don’t waste it!”

“Did you say I’m disabled?”
“Yeah, you’re a paraplegic now.”

“I was trying NOT to say that, but you WENT there!”

“It would help if you had higher Initiative.”
“Yes, it would.”

“Very specific skill you have, Diagnose What The Hell Is Going On.”

“Just as long as this doesn’t turn out like the first Harry Potter book. If you start growing out the back of my head, there’ll be words.”

“Can I see Sputnik if I use a Hero Point? If I use ALL Hero Points?”

GM: “Have you seen a balloon being shot?”
Player: “Congratulations on sniping a satellite!”

“He’s a stickler for rules ... except for his own.”

GM: “Make me a ...”
Player: “Don’t-fuck-up roll.”

To be continued!