Pages

Yer a druid, Harry

New game, new characters! Godbound is set in Forbidden Realms (D&D), but the characters turn out to have special powers. It's a bit like Hunter, or Exalted, or Changeling, except it's not World of Darkness.

At first, we considered being an all-Cleric party, and then there was a couple of Clerics and a Paladin, or a cleric, a paladin and an archivist researcher, and in the end we're like a druid, a blacksmith (who also does archiving and research) and Brienne of Tarth.

  • Denny/Denethor: a human archivist researcher who is also a very competent crafter-of-things
  • Elani Tiatha: an elf huntress with aspirations of becoming Boudicca, except for the dying bit
  • Gunda: a human paladin of Tempus; see also: Brienne of Tarth

We started off by fighting some bad hombres and by doing so we discovered we had special powers, because we didn't use to be quite as kick ass as we had suddenly become.

Courtesy of Monday 28 August 2017's Godbound session.

Godbound logo

“If you put mushrooms in there it ruins it for everyone. Everyone being me.”

“I don’t think I could play a female in this group.”
“I would advise against it.”

GM: “So if you’ve ever used a +5 sword you can summon it.”
Player 1: “And the guy in the middle of fighting a dragon won’t be happy about it.”
Player 2: “But it won’t last long.”

“No, fusion blocks. They WILL be brought into this system!”

GM: “So now I’ve broken all of your imaginations on what you can be.”

“What proof do we have that they’re an innocent family?”

“I used to be a cleric and a wizard and then I took a book to the knee. Now I’m a blacksmith.”

Player: “Do they look scared?”
GM: “Yee-ah!”

Denny: “You were like a whirling Dervish!”
Gunda: “What’s a Dervish?”
Player 1: “They have them here, in the Sands.”
Player 2: “What, Muslims?”

“Yer a druid, Harry.”

“How did we get these powers?”
“When a mummy god and a daddy god love each other very much ... they jizz all over the planet and some people get powers.”

“I think my sense of humour is coming back.”
“It’s getting worse.”

“Just don’t turn into a wolf and shag a deer.”
“Why would I turn into a wolf and why would a wolf shag a deer?”
“Well, you had wolf claws.”

“The character I intended to make is not the character I ended up making.”
“That goes for all three of us.”

To be continued!