Pages

This game is too unrealistic!

Our modern day characters also went to Russia and attended some kind of shindig. While dressed up to the nines we still managed to kick the butts of a number of bad guys.

Also, the Donumancer was inadvertently invented. It's a villain that makes people hunger for donuts, or something like that. It made sense at the time.

Courtesy of Sunday 5 February 2017's Mutants & Masterminds adventure at Odin's Table.


“A blizzard? In Russia? This game is too unrealistic!”

“Get yourself on peyote and I’m practically a genius.”

“I’ve seen Bond, I know how this works! Why are there no bugs?”

“Civil disobedience, man. It works.”

“I’m having a fabulous time discussing Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky and … those are the only Russian authors I know.”

“Why don’t you dance with the Librarian? – Make a Will save.”

“Apparently the Russians don’t like being called Commies. I thought they’d claimed it for their own, like gay people.”
“Calling them Commies is like calling us [Amerians] British cast-offs.”
“Ohh.” (to Russians) “I’m SO SORRY!”

“I’m always hungry for donuts. Wait, maybe she’s been mind-controlling me since birth!”

GM: “The Donumancer is now a villain.”

“Swiftly moving on …”
“Not so swiftly after all.”

“Oh good, we’re about to get XCOM’ed.”

And, because it was so short, here's a bonus from 13 November 2016, which was also short:

“Russian anthem: God Save The Queen or the Tetris theme. We’re culturally aware.”

Player: “He’s bored, not psychotic!”
GM: “Possibly.”

“How many people are there?”
“Most of them.”
“Can you give me a proper head count? ‘Most’ isn’t a number.”

“Why has this game suddenly become Paranoia?”
“Because we’re in Soviet Russia!”

“What tribe are you from? Phrased in such a way so as to not be culturally insensitive.”

To be continued!