Pages

I’m making my own rules

Having come across reviews of the Princes of the Apocalypse campaign, the GM (i.e. me, who has never really run a pre-written adventure before) was happy to conclude that feeling like a shit GM was less about actually being a shit GM and a lot more to do with a poorly edited and very confusingly laid out adventure book where the reason you can't find something is because it's spread out all over the place, and not necessarily in chronological or alphabetical order, or any other kind of order you would expect.

Anyway. The characters continued the partying at Feathergale Spire. Aial decided to check out the commander's private quarters while no one was looking, and then set it on fire to hide evidence. The order lost all of their initiates in the ensuing fire ... but of course the party wasn't present at the time the fire went off. Kyla, who earned a gold star with the order for killing the manticore last session, was taken aside and got the "hello, my name is Elder Knight and I would like to share with you this most amazing cult" talk. She later helped out with healing the wounded to show that yes, she's definitely initiate material. (As if.)

After a night when the party was randomly attacked by jackalweres (why they're not called "werejackals" we have no idea), the party headed down the road toward Womford. Stopping for a bio break, they came across some water themed soldiers that were suitably skewered by Lo-Kag and then turned into kebabs by Schnicktick.

You know, it's like there's some sort of elemental theme going on here ...

Courtesy of Tuesday 19 May 2015's 5th Edition Dugeons & Dragons roleplaying session at Chimera.

Dungeons & Dragons

“Normally it’s a love triangle, but this is a hate triangle.”

“I’m now in possession of dice that are older than me.”
“I didn’t know they made d20s before D&D was invented.”

“Screw that, I’m making my own rules, damn it!”

“Everything’s better with more than one head.”

“The Chimera has been many different things over many years.”
“Like now it’s a shop.”

“73% organic? Can you tell which part? That’s a product I now want to make.”

“Loot the chest. I mean … loot the chest. I mean … leave the room.”

“You don’t understand … I could kill them all.”

“Considering I’m taking stuff anyway, fuck it, I’m taking the scroll too. As evidence.”

“Are we going to start running for our lives soon?”

“There’s a tap on your shoulder. Batman’s there.”

“Some animals are attacking the other guys, but they’ve got it.”
“Some soldier you are.”

“You are so inbred you could be a bloomer.”

“It would be awesome, a grey Smurf riding a Mastiff.”

Knights of Samular: “We have shit to do … they say … in a politer way.” (in response to why they can’t come with the PCs and be knightly)

“I stake the horses.”
“I didn’t realise they were vampires.”

Next week, the party should be checking out Womford ...