Pages

One die-roll at a time, we will kill everyone in the room

As we settled down with a couple of freshly baked Bakewell tarts and fudge and tins of candy and a box of After Eights (you think we're kidding), a Scottish Dwarf was rolled up in preparation for Rifts, and we were well excited by the prospect of playing that game again in the new year, as you can see by the quotes below.

In D&D, we went further into Wave Echo Cave and got to a room where we then spent the rest of the session killing things. (You think we're kidding.)

Having dispatched a number of bugbears, spiders, a doppelganger and a couple of wizards, we found a room in which we in turn found Nundro Rockseeker - the last of Hematite's missing cousins. Alive, luckily.

And then we got XP and lived happily ever after, having not died. (Except for Rhogar, rest in piece, dragon brother.) Will we return to D&D again? We might, you know, but it'll have to wait until the new year.

Courtesy of Tuesday 2 December 2014's 5th Edition Dugeons & Dragons roleplaying session at Chimera.

Dungeons & Dragons

“I’ve seen tables with less food on it for Children in Need.”

“I’ve just got to apply the tactical ‘stache to eat.”

“This cake is so good I kind of don’t want it to end.”

“Whoever has the most cake when he dies wins.”

Rifts GM: “Have the baddies ever shot at you first?”
Player: “I don’t think we’ve ever given them the chance.”

Player: “What’s your Physical Beauty?”
Baradhi: “I dunno. I wear a gas mask so you can’t tell.”

Jayson: “Maybe I should have a problem with Gorbash. Next to him I don’t look as hot.”

Player: “Is this a party of really good-looking people?”
Rifts GM: “We call them the Chippendales.”

“He’ll just shoot darts at them. And miss.”

GM: “Roll Stealth.”
Player: “Do I not get to keep my crit from last week?”

“You’re relying on using a Water Whip?”
“SHUSH! IT WILL WORK! … THIS ONCE!”

“You’re a nice GM. I shall remember this in the future.”
“Suuuuuure you will.”

“I’ll attack the Drow.”
“Don’t you mean SPELL the Drow?”
“D.R.O.W.?”

GM: “Make a Wisdom saving throw?”
Player: “Yes. MAKE IT.”

“Sorry, what did you say? I was busy looking at the cake.”

Player: “Can I summon Jayson and make him go Cyber-Knight on the Necromancer?”
Rifts GM: “Yes, PLEASE!”

(chanting) “Lawful Good! Lawful Good! Lawful Good! We’re so not it!”

“One die-roll at a time, we will kill everyone in the room.”

“You shouldn’t take lessons from me in how to roll dice!”

“Can I kill him, please?”
“Only if I miss.”

“We’ve spent the entire evening in one room killing things.”

“Pew! Pew! Pew!”
“We’re not in a church. – LAUGH, DAMN IT!”

“Carrying around a staff of Lolth is like carrying a necklace of Splugorth.”
“So it’ll be in keeping with your character.”

Next week, we'll play a boardgame or a one-shot Jurisfiction thing if I can conjure up a plot.